Wednesday, October 25, 2017

#88 Butterflies + Z is for Zodiac and/or the colour Buttermilk

Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge. Winners results for #87 are in the post below. Please make sure you check back as it could be you. Unclaimed prizes go back into the pot and there have been a few! Thankyou all so much for continuing to play along.
Well we are nearing the end of  this year's themes. Where has all the time gone!  I have thrown the letters up in the air this time round and the mix will be that the themes and colours will not be the same letter for each challenge. I have also sorted out some new prizes too.
I'm delighted to welcome  my next Guest Designer.

Lindsey
 (winner of #84)


Hi I’m Lindsey and am happily fluttering by to join the latest Butterfly Challenge.  In-between my day job working in a school I indulge my passion for making cards and I also run regular craft clubs (some for children and some for adults) which allows me to play with lots of different artistic mediums and techniques. I joined the Uniko Design Team in January 2016.  I’m a regular participant in many card-making challenges in Blogland and can also be found at stamping shows with the Uniko team if you want to pop by and say hello!


Lindsey   has chosen 

the letter Z for Zodiac which has been teamed with B for the colour Buttermilk.

Now I'm  certainly not advocating that you should go out and buy any stamps/dies etc to accommodate the theme so just take a minute or two and take stock of what you already have in your stash and really think outside of the box.

With twelve signs to choose from you could pick
Libra -  Scales  (or even just use a balanced design)
Gemini -  Twins (so two of something on your card)
Sagittarius (Love or arrows)
Virgo  (A woman)
Aquarius ( jug or water with flowers)
Pisces, Scorpio, Cancer can be  depicted by something of a fish/water scene.
Leo (lion), Aries (ram/ sheep), Capricorn (goat), Taurus (bull)
or even just stars/world for the universe.

Don't forget the butterfly though.


You may choose to use just the letter/theme + butterfly or use the colour +butterfly.
If you make your project using both the theme  letter and the colour +butterfly you will be eligible for going into a second draw to win an additional prize.
Please state in your post which sign of the Zodiac you have used.

Here  is Lindsey's card for you.

Lindsey chose to use Stars for the Universe along with Buttermilk.

Please pop over to Lindsey's blog for more information on how her card was made.

Thankyou  Lindsey  for being my Guest Designer for #88.

Please take the  Guest Designer badge from the side bar.

Here is my inspiration for you.

My first card uses a lion  for the zodiac sign  Leo.

My second card uses Scales for  the zodiac sign Libra.

Check my  blog Here to see more details!

The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.
Couture Creations  Embossing Folder ' Tied Together'  + Woodware Butterfly stamp
with extra goodies to complete a card or two.




To go with the above you may choose 
either
Selection  (A)

or
Selection (B) 

Each selection contains the following:
Sheet of plain cardstock 
Ribbon
Wood  filigree butterfly
Wooden plaque
Wood butterfly button
 Die cut cardstock butterfly
Self adhevise paper trim.



The additional prize available if
using both Zodiac signs  and the colour  Buttermilk along  with your Butterfly
is
Courture Creations 
Edith and Baby Butterfly
Inticutz die.


Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above
and enter your creations in Mr Linky below.
Please also state if you are only playing for fun.
Happy crafting and see you soon.



13 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ooh clever use of Leo the lion and weighing scales in your cards Mrs A! Love the fun element with the ideas too!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Welcome to Lindsey, her card is so lovely and sweet! I'm stunned by yours, such big creativity you have, both your creations are so much fun and adorable!

Liz said...

Congratulations to Lindsey on her GD spot and what a beautiful card she's made for inspiration. I've just seen your two lovely cards on your blog, Mrs A, and the second one still makes me smile. I'll have to get my thinking cap on for this challenge. I thought I'd go for my own zodiac sign, but I think a scorpion might frighten the butterfly away! ;-) xx

Sandra H said...

So pretty and welcome Lindsey on your guest appearance your card is gorgeous love your cards Mrs A as always you deliver them well take care x

Amanda said...

Congrats to Lindsey on her GD spot, lovely card. Love your Leo Lion & such a lever take on scales! Amanda xx

Lindsey said...

Thank you! X

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the warm welcome! X

Lindsey said...

Thanks Liz. Waiting to see your Scorpian card! X

Lindsey said...

Thank you! X

Jane Willis said...

What lovely cards you and Lindsey have made. I can't believe it's already Sunday and yet I'm first into the gallery!
Jane

brenda said...

Your inspiration is awesome thank you, but afraid I admitted defeat with the Zodiac and went for the 'soft' option.

B x

Aquarius said...

A bit stumped by the Zodiac (mojo missing) but did manage the buttermilk

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I'm a bit late, but made it in the end.

Sue xx